[boinc_dev] Random segfaults in libraries on Linux?

Matt Arsenault arsenm2 at rpi.edu
Fri Nov 12 09:37:30 PST 2010

For both of the 2 separate milkyway at home applications, for a small percentage of tasks, I'm seeing random/nondeterministic segmentation faults on 32 and 64 bit Linux using the 6.10.58 libraries. I'm not seeing them on the Windows or OS X versions. I can't reproduce it with the same workunits. At random points in the middle, they sometimes fail with "process got signal 11." The only real common piece between the 2 applications is the BOINC libraries. Has anyone else seen this? Were any Linux crashes fixed since that release?